Chinese staircase stitch, also called the spiral staircase stitch, it’s one of the easiest lanyard stitches to make, although it looks complicated. To make one, just follow the next steps:
- First of all you will need to cut three strands 1 to 2 feet long. Then cut the fourth strand so that it’s four times longer than the rest.
- Connect the strands together by tying them in a knot at one end. Put the longer strand on the right side.
- The loop the longer strand to the left, over the others and then around the back.
- Then pull the longer strand through the right side of the loop, tying a knot around the other strands.
- Pull it tightly to complete the stitch.
- Now make additional stitches by repeating the steps above. When you have reached the desired length.
- if you want to thicken the lanyard, you can use more than 3 short strands.