Cutting an arch fence design
Usually, a wood privacy fence is constructed in a stockade style. If you want you can make different variations of the theme using prefab fence panels. An even arch of the panels can set your yard apart from the rest of the yards that can be found in your neighborhood.
- The fence panel has to be set on a pair of sawhorses and three screws need to be drilled in it. Using a string, you have to run it around the screw at the top of the panel and then stretch it down until you reach the screw at the opposite edge. After you finish, you should see the string forming a peak like the gable of a roof.
- With a marker you have to draw the arch at the top of the fence. You have to choose one edge and start to drag the marker underneath the string until you reach the top pushing the marker up once you get near the finish. This way you will create a curved line close to the center screw. After you do the same for the other side of the center screw, you can remove all the screws and the string too.
- Using a saw, you have to place it at the edge of the fence near the point where the line intersects it. Once the saw is running at full speed, cut along the line easy and apply steady pressure. Let the picket to drop off the ground once you have finished cutting it.
- Once you have started cutting, it’s better to keep the saw moving because if you stop and restart it many times, you may cause unwanted jagged edges. The saw has to cut just below the marker line so that you get rid of all the traces. Try not force the saw so that you avoid splintering.
- If there are any splintered edges you can use a belt sander to make a smooth edge. You have to take through this process all the fence panels. The top screw has to be centered and the side screws dropped 8 inches so that the curve will be close to the same radius.