Lysol for disinfecting the mattress
Cleaning a mattress containing urine is not such a difficult task as some people believe. It is very important to clean the urine stains right away and try to eliminate the odor.
If you follow some simple instructions you will see that a mattress stained with urine is not a lost cause.
Steps to follow
- Use detergent and hot water to clean the area where the urine stain is. Don`t forget to remove all bedding and covers before washing.
- Apply the product on the stain and let it take action as written in the instructions.
Use the vacuum to clean the place where the product was applied.
- Cover the spot of urine with a cup of baking soda. Place a piece of plastic sheeting over it and lie it up using elastic or a rope. Take it off after six or eight hours.
- Use your vacuum to clean the mattress after you have removed the plastic sheeting. The urine odor should have been removed by the baking soda.
- Use Lysol to disinfect the mattress and destroy all germs. Now, your mattress should have a nice and pleasant smell.
- If you have followed all the steps and your mattress still has a urine smell, apply a mixture of hydrogen peroxide (about eight ounces), a cup of water and half amount of baking soda. Allow the mixture to take effect for half an hour. After you clean it up, let the place get dry.