Time to spend for building a privacy fence
If you want to build a privacy fence on your own, you have to know that it’s not a difficult task but it can take a while. Doing this, will result in something that can offer you privacy and security as well.
- First of all, you have to decide where the fence posts will be set in order to make holes for each of them.
- Install the fence posts in their locations and fill the holes with cement. Don’t let it dry before you verify if the post is level and plumb. The fence panels have to be installed only after you are sure that the concrete is fully dried.
- One-by-fours need to be installed at 6 inches below the top of the post and 6 inches above its bottom. This will be your support for the fence pickets.
- Pickets will be used for filling each space between the fence posts. Two screws will be just enough to set each picket by the one-by-fours. See if the pickets are even at the top and at the bottom as well because sometimes you may need to trim off some of it.
- Do all these steps until the fence is fully completed. Depending on how big is your property, you can spend even a couple of weekends on it.