Air conditioner units and fansWindow mounted air conditioners
- cools, filters, dehumidifies and circulates the air.
- they range from a cooling capacity of 5,000 BTUs (enough to cool a small room) to capacities as high as 12,500 BTUs.
- be careful when you choose the size of the air conditioner unit.
- select units by BTU, not by horse power.
- Determine the efficiency of the unit by dividing the watt rating into the BTU output. The unit has to have an energy efficiency rating (EER) of at least 9.7 for models under 8,000 BTU/hr and 9.8 for larger models. The most efficient units have an EER of 11 and higher.
- most models should include kits for window installation.
- be careful to choose units that are specially designed for your type of window.
Portable air conditioner
- they are used for cooling small rooms, of 400-450 square feet.
- they have wheels for easy moving.
- they can easily warm the air, as well as cool it. many of them have special kits for windows, so that the warm air can be filtered.
- there are two models: one vent and dual vent. Dual vents cool the air quicker.
- drip models have a tray that has to be emptied every 24-48 hours. Models that don’t drip are a little more expensive but thy don’t produce any excess humidity.
- uses less energy than an air conditioner unit.
- brings fresh air into the room, and eliminates hot air.
- the typical size is 20 inches.
- larger fans may require some mounting kits and side panels. Panels help performance.
- smaller units are very easily to installed and come with panels installed on the fan.
- some models have electrical reversibility. This allows you to switch from exhaust to intake, without moving the fan.
- provides air circulation at the floor level.
- they come in 10 and 12 inches sizes.
- a hassock fan blows air in a 360 degrees direction.
- a rectangular fan will tile for about 170 degrees.
- they have a speed selection option.
- moves back and forward to spread the air through out the room.
- the oscillation option can be turned off.
- it can be used on the floor, table or even on the wall.
- it comes in sizes ranging from 8 to 16 inches.
- tile angle varies from 50 degrees to 90 degrees
- they are used only to extract odors from kitchen, attic, etc.
- kitchen fans help eliminate the smells and smoke.
- bathroom fans and use to expel odors and steam.
Whole house fan
- draws hot air from the house and vents it outside.
- it is cheaper than an air conditioner unit.
- keeps a gentle breeze stirring through the house. It usually cools the air with 2 degrees, 3 degrees.
- it is rated with cubic feet of air per minute (CFM).
- creates a gentle breeze that cools the air. It uses less energy than a 100 watts light bulb.
- they come in 36, 42, 48 and 52 inches sizes and even 72 for industrial buildings.
- many models combine the fan with a light fixture.
- they have variable speed control
- blades can be made of wood, plastic or metal.
- heavy material fans have a higher momentum and they use less energy.
|air conditioner unit, Air Conditioning, ceiling fans, exhaust fan, floor fans, osciallting fan, portable air conditioner, window fan, Window mounted air conditioners|