Barbed wire fence
Barbed wire fences are mostly used for keeping livestock inside a designated area and to keep unwanted guests outside. Installing a barbed wire fence is not difficult but it is sharp and you have to use it with great attention.
- You have to start by marking the places where the end posts and the line posts will be placed.
- With a post hole digger, you have to make holes for all the posts. A hole 3 feet deep is enough for the end posts and 2 feet deep for a line post. When you are done with the holes, place the posts in them and fill the openings with dirt.
- To be stable enough, you have to use crushed stone around the base of every fence post.
- The fence has to be secured by the end posts with wood staples and has to be placed at a distance of 1 foot above the ground. Do the same for the line post and repeat the process until the barbed wire is strung from all the posts.
- In the end, you have to staple lengths of wire in 2, 3 and 4 foot height increments above the ground and in the same time repeating the entire process from step 4.
- You have to wear gloves at any time because otherwise you’ll get some nicks and scratches.