Choosing fence posts
If you decided to install a new fence but you don’t know which one is right for you, the next article will help you decide.
- You need to see with how much support the fence will need to be sustained. You need to avoid those situations in which you install some posts but you don’t need them or to have in the end a flimsy metal post.
- For fences that are not so heavy weighted like picket fences, you just need to use plastic posts.
- In case you want to install a chain-link or plastic fence, you’ll need metal posts.
- You can take a look also at wooden posts, because you can choose from many sizes and types. One great choice would be pine wood because it’s cheap and it can be found in treated forms to use it outside. If you like heavier woods, you may have to pay extra but they will look excellent.
- If you need to use concrete posts, they can be purchased in different heights and with a size of 4 by 4 inch. Sometimes you may find them pre-drilled so that you can use them with chain-links, panels and rails.
- In case of wooden posts, they’ll need special maintenance because repainting will need to be done often.
- When you purchase the fence posts, you need to see if there are post caps available because you may have troubles otherwise.
|choosing fence posts, concrete posts, fence, fence posts, installing a new fence, instructions for choosing fence posts, metal posts, plastic posts, predrilled concrete posts, wooden posts|