Components of an automatic gate operator
These operators have to make sure that the automatic gates are working smoothly. The electronic devices have three different tasks: the first one is to open the gates, the second to keep them opened while the traffic is done and the third to close them. The operators have a number of units compiled together so that in the end will result in an efficient device.
Different parts of the gate opener:
- The modular board helps to monitor the functions of the operator.
- ERD: turns the gate back if it accidentally hits a car.
- Different electronic inputs: radio receiver, key switch, safety loop, telephone entry system, key switch and push button station.
- The motor disconnect has the role to stop the automatic operation of the gate.
- The timer can be set anywhere between 0 and 60 seconds.
- The ON/OFF switch is an important part because it regulates the power input.
- The power management is very helpful in case of an over current input, because it will shut down and save automatically.
- The system has its own magnetic lock.
- The burglar alarm alerts immediately the residents in case of a break-in.
- The surge suppressor protects everything against lights.
- The gate traveling time has to set a limit for the gate traveling time.
- The alarm triggers in the moment the gate is hit.
- The radio receiver is capable of receiving the remote control signals.
- The 120V AC is found in the receptacle.
- The integrated loop detectors are for loops and safety loops.