Changing the blades of a lawn mower
Over the time lawn mower blades tend to become dull. This happens because sometimes you hit a rock or some solid object, or hard plants. These can also break and chip the blades.
Disassembling the blade fixture
- if you’re lawn mower is on gasoline, remove the spark plug wires to avoid any accidents.
- Tilt the lawn mower to have access to the blades.
- use a socket and a ratchet to loosen the bolts that keep the blades aligned and fixed.
- remove the brackets that lock the blades.
- all the removable parts need to be placed in a safe spot because you will use them on the next step.
- take the blades off.
Reassembling the blade fixture
- now you need to slide the blade adapter back
- line up the new blade. Any prints on the blade should be facing downwards.
- lock the blades with the brackets
- replace the bolt to properly secure the blade. Tighten it as best as you can.