Cleaning leatherWhen having to deal with cleaning leather, the first step is to see if it’s finished leather (like luggage and garments) or unfinished (work boots, baseball gloves).
- Place moisturizing soap (like Dove) on a damp cloth.
- Then rub the leather with the cloth, but don’t put too much water on the leather.
- Wipe the lather with a clean damp cloth.
- After this, polish the leather with a dry towel.
- After is has dried completely, treat the leather with a conditioner.
- Rub the lather with a sponge or damp cloth, using saddle soap.
- Wipe the lather and let it dry.
- Use some mink oil to treat the leather. You can use any other leather preservative.
Always consider calling a professional because you may damage the leather.