Getting rid of mice
Mice can be annoying when they infest your home. The best way to get rid of them is to prevent them from getting in, in the first place.
Protecting the home
- One thing that you can do is keep the lawn mowed, as mice don’t like to travel through short grass.
- Get rid of all debris and trash from the backyard and also around the house.
- All vents must have screenings. Cover the spaces between the pipes and concrete, in the spaces where they enter your home. Use cement to cover these spaces or metal collars in the case of wooden walls.
- Fill all cracks in the foundation with foam or caulk.
- Keep food items in sealed containers, including animal food. Trash containers should have tight-fitting lids.
- Avoid touching rodent urine and droppings. Use some disinfectant before removing them, like chlorine bleach.
Trapping and baiting
- If you’ve seen mice in your home or garden, place traps and poison pellets near the cracks and holes.
- For bait, you ca use fruits, candy and peanut butter.
- Always check the traps.
- Use gloves when you attempt to remove the carcass from the trap.
- Place them in plastic bags or newspaper sheets and throw them on the outside garbage bin.