Buying a bamboo floorIf you would like to have some eco-friendly flooring in your house, then a bamboo floor should be your choice. Bamboo can be harvested every 6 years, making it a renewable source. Also, bamboo its very durable and can compete with any hardwood floor.
- Choose a pattern for the floor. The growth rings are called knuckles and nodes can be found on almost any pattern. You can always buy bamboo flooring that doesn’t have these markings.
- Decide if you want a narrow or a wider strip. This means a vertical cut, or a horizontal cut. The last one shows all the markings.
- Shop for premium floors. These come in different stains, widths and lengths.
- If you want some high quality bamboo flooring, see the amount of formaldehyde. Lower the level, higher the quality.
- Always check if the manufacturer provides any warranty.
- Bamboo flooring comes in two shades: amber and natural. Some companies offer hand-scraped bamboo.