Taking care of bamboo flooringEven though bamboo flooring is more durable then hardwood flooring, it still needs some maintenance. Here are some tips to help you take keep your floor looking like new.
- The first thing you can do is mop the floor.
- Remove dirt and dust from the floors as often as you can. Use a soft broom or a vacuum cleaner. Also clean any carpets to avoid the accumulation of dust.
- If you have heavy furniture, it’s best to install some floor protectors under their legs.
- Place mats on the entrances. This will prevent any dirt from being spread into the room. It needs to have a rubber back to prevent sliding.
- Avoid wearing high-healed shoes that may damage the floor. Also boots with dirt on the track can damage the floor.
- Don’t slide furniture on the floor to prevent scratches.
- Use a humidifier to maintain a 30% to 0% humidity. If the humidity level is high,the boards can crack and if it’s too low, the planks can shrink.