Choosing kitchen cabinets
There are endless choices for kitchen cabinets. You can find them in many different styles, wood types, color, etc, and the costs can vary a lot. In the following article we will present you a few things that you should consider when buying your kitchen cabinets.
- Think of the food and objects that you will store in the cabinets.
- Get pieces of advice from interior designers or architects. This will help you narrow down the choices.
- If you want cheap cabinets, then stock ones are the best. They are produced in standard sizes and are mass produced.
- If you need exact dimensions, then you should order custom cabinets.
- Next select the type of wood for the cabinets. The most popular are maple, oak and cherry.
- As an alternative to wood, you can buy laminate or thermofoil cabinets. These are less durable than wood but easier to clean. Ask about the warranty.
- Also the cabinets need to be resistant and withstand heavy use. Look at how the cabinets are manufactured. Drawers with dovetailed joints will be much more resistant than stapled ones. Also door that have fitted mortised corners are stronger than non interlocking butt joints.
- Look for special features like drawers that extend completely and are equipped with self closing glides.
- you can refinish old cabinets if they are still in good condition.
- look at other kitchens and make yourself an idea on how to decorate yours.
|cabinets, cheap kitchen cabinets, how to choose kitchen cabinets, kitchen cabinets, kitchen decoration, kitchen remodeling, refinish old cabinets, thermofoil cabinets, types of wood for kitchen cabinets, wood cabinets|