Fixing kitchen cabinets to walls
If you want to add storage space to your kitchen, then the solution is to hang cabinets on the walls. Placing the cabinets properly is vital.
Some of the tools and materials that you will need are:
- 4-foot level
- Tape measure
- 1-inch x 2-inch board (ledger)
- Stud finder
- 2-1/2 inch wood screws
- 3-1/2 inch wood screws
Here are some tips on how to do this the right way:
- See where the bottom of the cabinet will sit on the wall.
- Next you will need to find the wall studs. Use a stud finder across the line you’ve just drawn on the wall. After you have found the studs, attach the board to them.
- Then you will need to place the cabinet flush against the wall. The rear bottom will need to rest on the ledger board. Have someone hold the cabinet in position. The mounting screws will need to be placed inside the cabinet in the place where there are two small board rails.
- Place the screws where the studs are and make sure the cabinet is leveled. You can place shims between the cabinet and the wall if you need to. Secure the cabinet on the wall.
- Then you can remove the ledger board. Use spackle to patch the holes. Repeat the steps for the rest of the cabinets.
- Use C-Clamps on the face frames to clamp the cabinets together. To screws the side mounting rails at the inside top and bottom of the cabinets, use a drill with 2 1/2 inch wood screws.
|cabinets, how to mount cabinets on walls, how to mount kitchen cabinets, kitchen cabinets, ledger board, wall cabinets, wall hanged cabinets, wall mounted kitchen cabinets|