How to set a light on the ceilingInstructions
- The first and most important thing to do is to turn off the power to the circuit. On the circuit breaker box there is a switch that turns off the power in your home.
- Next, you will need to unmount the old lighting fixture.
- Then, disconnect the power wires from the lighting fixture. Take down the mounting bracket too.
- Now, you have to use a wire snipper and remove about 1/2 inch of the insulation of the white wire. This should be the neutral wire. Be careful to remove only the insulation.
- Next, remove the insulation of the hot wire (or the phase wire). This should be the black one. Again, be careful to remove only the insulation.
- Find the ground wire on the lighting fixture and remove the insulation as you did before – just 1/2 inch.
- Now, twist every wire to the corresponding one in the ceiling, then push all of them into the hole in the ceiling.
- Put the mounting bracket on the ceiling and then use a pencil to mark the position of the screws.
- Make some holes on the marked spots with a drill machine.
- Fix the mounting bracket with the screws and then set the lighting fixture.
- You can now power up the circuits and try the lights.
- be careful to use only drywall anchors for drywall ceiling when you fix the mounting bracket.
- before the installation, check if the lighting fixture box contains all the parts.
- it’s best if you could ask someone to help you.
|ceiling illumination, ceiling lighting, house lighting, light on the ceiling, lighting fixture, mounting a lighting fixture on the ceiling, room lighting, setting a lighting fixture, steps on mounting a lighting fixture|