Design ideas for spiral staircases
Because there are so many designs for spiral staircases it is very hard to choose one. Also they can be made from many materials. But although there are so many design, why shouldn’t you design one specially for your home.
- If you design a spiral staircase, think about the way it’s going: clockwise or counter-clockwise.
- You can shape the top landing in a corner square, corner triangle, balcony triangle, and round triangle.
- An important aspect is the number of steps per circle. Usually a number between 12 and 15 will be great.
- Handrails are a component that can be made even more personal. You can design them by yourself or buy pre-made ones. They can also be made from different materials, like wood and metal.
- Choose the material of your staircase with great care. It can be wood, iron, steel and aluminum. Choose the material while also having in mind the style of your home. For classic looks, choose wood. For a modern look choose aluminum or steel and for industrial look aluminum is the best.