How to install prefab spiral staircase
Spiral staircases are a great looking piece of architecture. They add a nice look to any home, especially if they are made of glass or wood. You can find spiral staircases from a wide range of manufacturers.
Custom prefab and standard kit
There aren’t as many differences between the two. The last one needs a little less effort from your part as the parts already have drilled holes and they are also cut at the same size. Custom staircases are usually pre-assembled, meaning that they come in the built version. You can install this spiral staircase in a couple of hours if you have someone to help you. Because they are custom built they also have a higher quality and they will surely cost a lot more.
Kits can also vary in quality. You can find a lot of kits that are similar in quality with the custom built spiral staircases. Low quality kits usually have plastic or vinyl components. This makes the difference in strength and customization.
If you are on a tight budget, you can always find a standard kit that will suit your needs, though it will be of a lower quality and it will need some drill and saw handling. Also it will take considerably more time to assemble it.
The installation is very similar between the two. Always follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Some of them are:
- First of ll you will need to assemble the base of the staircases. Set the height of the risers, if they aren’t premeasured.
- Start with a tread and a baluster and you will need to repeat this step until you finished.
- Now it’s time to fit the handrails. This provides the safety and it needs to be installed correctly. Make sure the stairs are all leveled.
- Attach the top platform to the next floor.
- Bolt the staircase to the floors and make sure that it’s secured.