Install wood staircase balusters
Baluster’s main role is to offer protection from falling, but they also offer a stylish look to your staircase. Baluster installation is an easy process. You will need just a few basic tools and some basic knowledge.
- First of all you will need to know the length of the staircase. Also measure the width of the balusters and the spacing between them.
- The bottom part of the baluster is named the peg end and the other the flat end.
- Now measure the length of the baluster, to the handrail.
- If you do not have holes in the stair tread you need to make some by yourself. Determine the space between the balusters and then drill the holes. You can find some special drill bits at your local improvement store.
- You will also need to drill some small holes in the bottom of each baluster and then place a baluster bolt in each holes. Then you can place the baluster in the tread’s hole. If you don’t like using bolts, then you can use glue.
- To attach the handrail to the baluster use carpenter’s glue and hardwood nails. Cover the nail holes with putty.
|baluster installation, baluster installation tips, baluster tips, balusters, how to fix wood balusters, how to install wood balusters, staicase balusters, tips for installing balusters, wood balusters|