Replacing an iron staircase baluster
The last component that you will have to add to your staircase after you have built it is the baluster. The balusters will give the staircase an elegant look. They can be made from different materials, but iron balusters are the greatest.
- First of all you will need to determine whether the balusters are screwed into place or welded. Screwed balusters are easy to remove, but on the other hand welded balusters should be removed only by a professional.
- Remove the screws from the top part from the handrail, and from the baseboard.
- Use a hand grinder to grind away the original joining welds. Use safety goggles and gloves. Prevent iron filling from getting on the floor by placing a piece of cloth on the floor.
- You will need to release the baluster from the handrail and then pull it out of the base hole.
- Installing the new balusters it’s a reverse process. First of all push the bottom into the baseboard and then up the underside of the handrail.
- Then fix the baluster by screwing it in place. If you want to weld it then you should use a stick weld processor and a 70/18 stick rod.
- Now it’s time to finish the balusters. Paint them if necessary. Welded joints will need a little black spray to be hidden.
|balusters, how to replace staircase iron balusters, installing new staircase balustes, iron balusters, removing old balusters, replacing staircase balusters, staircase balusters, staircase iron balusters, staircase iron balusters installation|