Attractive plank fences
Even if they are a little bit too expensive, these fences can a good choice for any property, being more attractive than a post or wire fence. It doesn’t matter if you use it to enclose an animal paddock, a field or a perimeter of a property, the fence will do its job well.
- First you have to mark the area for the fence.
- Dig a hole for all the fence posts, using a post hole digger. The holes should be wider than the fence posts and at least one foot deep. Install the fence post, check it if it’s level and then fill the hole with dirt. Tamp the dirt to be sure that the post is well set.
- You need to establish how many planks you need. This is the number of plank lines that will run across the length of the entire fence.
- You may need to make some adjustments to some of the planks, in order to fit accordingly. You should use six nails for each plank to be sure it is well set. In case of a three-plank fence, where the top and the bottom plank lines are on a post where the plank ends meet, then the middle plank should obviously be in its center. If the planks are installed this way, you can add some more strength to the fence
- To make the posts even, you should use a saw to cut off the tops.
- It’s better to paint the fence to increase its lifespan and attractiveness.