Baking soda for glass cleaning
We often notice on our glass and shower doors stains produced by hard-water which look like soap scrums. Having a high concentration of dissolved minerals such as magnesium and calcium, hard-water produces stains that cannot be removed with a common scum cleaner. What you need is an acid-based product.
- The cheapest solution is to clean hard-water stains with a mixture of baking soda and a paste of vinegar.
- Using a hard sponge put the mixture on the stains, moving round. Let the pasta takes effect for 15 minutes.
- Clean up the pasta with a wet towel. The surplus of water can be removed using a squeegee. Recent spots should disappear after this action. Old stains require repeating the action several times.
- Use a hard sponge to apply a cream stove-top cleaner on the glass. Let it there for 15 minutes.
- Using a towel, buff the dried product. The glass should be clean now. Remind to repeat the action twice a year.