Get rid of cat urine smell
Although they are very nice pets, cats sometimes urinate in forbidden places, leaving an unpleasant and strong odor behind. If cats’ owners do not clean an urine spot immediately, the smell gets throughout the entire house. Using only fresh water won`t help eliminating the smell; special products are also worthless because they only replace the urine smell with other odor.
To get rid of the urine odor, specialized people have some advice for the cats’ owners.
- Use as many paper towels as necessary to absorb the urine.
- Mix one part vinegar with double part warm water and clean up the spot, using a spray bottle.
Help the area get dry using paper towels if necessary.
- Cover the place with baking soda.
- Mix ¼ cup hydrogen peroxide and one teaspoon of manual liquid dish washing soap and clean the area. Use paper towels or a brush. Let the area get dry.
- Use the vacuum cleaner to finish.
Unseen old stains
- Using a black light with a fluorescent tube will help you find unseen urine spots. Do this when the night falls – the black light will make cats urine glow in the dark.
- Before you turn on the light again, surround the spots using chalk.
- Insist on cleaning the stains with water and absorb the excess with paper towels. The best way to clean the area is by using a wet vac, as the Humane Society recommends. Do not use chemical products with your wet vac- only fresh water.
- Use special products to absorb the odor once for all. You can buy them from almost any pet shop.