Installing a staircase skirt board
Installing a staircase skirt board isn’t an easy job, but with the right preparation, you should do fine. You need to make sure that the cuts are square and that the skirt boards will fit properly.
- Make sure that the risers are plumb and then install them on the stairs.
- The skirt board will be installed over the riser’s top. You need to make sure that you follow the rake of the staircase.
- Run a pencil along the set level and mark the riser’s front and skirt board also.
- Make a 90 degrees line from the riser’s top by using a framing square. Repeat this step for the rest of the risers.
- Now remove the skirt board and cut along the pencil lines.
- Then place the skirt board into place to see if it fits. Make the necessary adjustments.
- The last thing you need to do is secure the skirt board into place.