Installing a wood kitchen table
Building a kitchen table is an easy and inexpensive process. Follow the next steps if you want to build yourself a table.
- First of all, you will need to cut the legs.
- For the tabletop, you will need a piece of wood that measures at least 2×2 feet and that is 3/4 inches thick.
- Remove the sharp edges and smooth the surface using sand paper.
- Next you will need to buy 8 L-shaped metal brackets that are at least 2 inches long.
- Also buy some 1 inch long screws.
- Position one bracket on a leg and then screw it in place. The bracket needs to be placed at the top end of the leg.
- Rotate the leg 90 degrees and then fix another bracket. Repeat this step for each leg.
- Buy some shorter screws for the table top. They can be 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch.
- Put the table top on the floor, facing downwards.
- Start placing the legs on the table top, in the corners.
- Line the edge of the leg with the edge of the tabletop.
- Hold one leg and then fix the bracket in the tabletop. Repeat this step on the other legs.
- Check if the table is stable. If it’s shaky, then add more screws.
- Now you can paint the table.
- the table legs must have precisely the same height.
- measure twice before cutting.
- the screws for the table top need to be shorter than the thickness of the board.