If you cannot afford to replace your old cabinets you should refinish them, or buy unfinished cabinets that are a lot cheaper.
So to finish new cabinets you need to:
- Sand the cabinets using 120 grit sandpaper. Smoother the rough grains.
- Then use 220 grit sandpaper to make the surface even smoother.
- Clean the dust from the cabinets.
- Now it’s time to apply the stain by using a clean paint brush. Follow the direction of the wood grain. After you have applied the first coat, let it dry and then apply a second coat.
- After the second coat has dried too, use a clean brush to apply a layer of polyurethane.
- After the coat of polyurethane has dried, use 220 grit sandpaper to lightly sand the surface. Then you should remove the dust and apply a second coat.
|applying stain on a kitchen cabinet, cabinet, cabinets, finishing kitchen cabinets, how to paint kitchen cabinets, how to stain kitchen cabinets, kitchen cabinets, sanding kitchen cabinets|