Prefab cabinets have become very popular among home owners. They are easy to install and also a lot cheaper than old fashioned cabinets. It’s very common to mount them on the wall to save space.
Some of the tools and materials that you will need are:
- Prefabricated cabinets
- Several lengths of 2×4 wood
- One long 1×1 wood
- 3-inch wood screws
- 1-1/2-inch wood screws
- Power drill
- Tape measure
- Stud finder
- Plywood (optional)
- One or two assistants
- First of all determine if the cabinet can withstand its own weight or will it need to be reinforced with plywood.
- Then measure and place the 1×1 board as a ledger board. Make sure that the board is level and then fix it to the wall.
- Determine the right height to hang the cabinet. You can use mounting strips or you can hang the cabinets by the backing reinforcement. Mark the spots on the wall.
- Next you will need to find the studs and mark their place. You can use a stud finder for the job.
- Then determine the width of the cabinet and cut two pieces of 2×4 boards. These will become the battens. They should be a few inches shorter than the cabinet. Use two per cabinet.
- Attach the battens on the wall and make sure that it’s leveled. Repeat the step.
Mounting the cabinets
- First you will need to mark the locations of the battens on the mounting strips or backing of the cabinet.
- Have someone hold the cabinet for your on the wall. Use the ledger to see if it’s level.
- Use 3 inch screws to fix them into the top batten through the back of the cabinet. Spread them out for additional support. Do the same thing for the lower furring strip.
- Now you can remove the ledger. If you have installed multiple cabinets, then you can attach them to each other by using small wood screws.
|cabinets, how to mount cabinets on walls, how to mount kitchen cabinets, kitchen cabinets, ledger board, wall cabinets, wall hanged cabinets, wall mounted kitchen cabinets|