Lysol near heaters

Lysol spray is a disinfectant used to destroy many types of germs. But, at the same time, the product may be some kind of dangerous for your family and house. Always take care if you use any chemical product around your home.


Never keep Lysol to more than 130 Degrees F, specially if the can is damaged because it is flammable. On the instructions you will see that it is not recommended to use Lysol near heaters, fireplaces, open flames or stove burners. Do not smoke when using the product.


Try not to inhale the product because it can cause many health problems. A cough, a headache, an unusual sickness, such as fatigue, is the results of the ethanol contained by Lysol.

An increased breathing rate or difficulties focusing are produced by the carbon dioxide. The carbon dioxide may be very dangerous because it can cause death if inhaled for a long period of time.

Skin contact

Lysol may also affect your skin, producing irritation – a rash and an eventual itching. The ethanol is responsible for this reaction. If this happens, wash yourself very well with soap and water; go to a dermatologist if the problem gets any worse.

Be careful

Wash your face and hands with water and soap if you get in contact with the spray. Never eat, smoke or drink if you haven`t washed your hands after using or touching Lysol.

If your eyes are affected or someone has ingested the Lysol, call Poison Control immediately. Meanwhile, rinse your eyes with cool water. Lysol can be used only when the ventilation system in your house works (or keep all windows wide open).

chemical products, ethanol in Lysol, fireplaces or open flames, flammable spray, health problems caused by Lysol, inhaled Lysol, Lysol disinfectant spray, Lysol near heaters, safety precautions when using Lysol, skin irritation from Lysol