Onions to make squirrel repellents
Squirrels are small, funny creatures that you normally love seeing, but things change when they like visiting your garden. This greedy pocket-sized eater can be a threat in any flowering bulbs that you planted expecting a beautiful garden, bulbs being a feast for squirrels. So when you see them in your garden or when you find evidence of squirrels digging stop enjoying their sight and create a homemade squirrel repellent.
How to make it?
- Place a saucepan on the stove top and pour water until is ½ to ¾ full, and then begin heating it by switching on the burner.
- Use an onion and two fresh jalapeno peppers and place them into the boiling water after you previously peeled and chopped them into little pieces.
- Put into the water 1 tbps. of Cayenne pepper and 1 tbps. of paprika.
- Mix everything together and when the water is boiling let it seethe for another 15 to 25 minutes. After this time let it chill.
- By pouring the water through cheesecloth or a metal strainer into o bowl you will get a spicy, free of residue liquid.
- Find a spray bottle and pour your liquid by using a funnel or by hand. At the end place the top on.
- Now all you have to do is to spray the squirrel repellent you made throughout the plants and at the base of the plant. You must repeat the process once a week, mainly in rainy weather.