Picket fence design
The material used for these fences is PVC (polyvinyl chloride) and extruded with virgin vinyl. In its manufacture, there are used some UV inhibitors and additives which make it quite rigid but with sufficient flexibility to resist any cracking. This type of fence is made from many vertical pickets that are fastened from the dimensional horizontal rails.
People install picket fences mostly for residential use or just as an accent fence in different commercial applications. They are very good for boundary marking without any negative effect on visibility. Its characteristics give him a tough durability and also it doesn’t need any type of maintenance.
Some features and benefits
- All picket fences are made with PVC material and co-extruded for structural members and mono-extruded for different other profiles.
- The UV inhibitors help the fence to eliminate abnormal discoloration and also the impact modifiers give it a better strength and flexibility.
- What is good about picket fence is that it will never rot, warp, corrode, rust, things that reduce a lot the maintenance costs.
- The difference between posts and rails and standard vinyl fencing is that the first ones have a heavier wall thickness.
- This heavier wall post gives the fence a better resistance.
- Because the gate is made from stainless steel, it is safe from rust.
- Each style is complemented by different fence styles with matching gates and a lot of varieties with different post caps.
- The limited lifetime warranty assures you of your good investment.
Most picket fence styles have a length of 6’ and a height of 3’, 42”, 4’. The space between the pickets is somewhere between 2” and 3”. In what concerns the post size, for most fence designs is 4” square. Here are a few types of design:
- Picket design: Level top sections with one and one half-inch wide pointed pickets.
- Arch design: Convex-arch top sections with one and one half-inch wide pointed pickets.
- Scallop design: Concave-scallop top sections with one and one half-inch wide pointed pickets.
- Wide picket design: Level top sections with three inch wide pointed or dog-ear pickets.
- Arch II design: Convex-arch top sections with three-inch wide pointed or dog-ear pickets.
- Scallop II design: Concave-scallop top sections with three-inch wide pointed or dog-ear pickets.