Pool safety fence
A pool safety fence is a great way to protect anyone who could get hurt from a pool accident. Statistics show that 300 children under 5 years drown every year so in order to prevent such accidents, a residential pool barrier is needed.
- Before installing the fence pool safety, you should take a look over the safety guidelines.
- The pool area should be measured in order to determine how much material you need. If your door house opens directly onto the pool then you may use the wall of the house as a part of the barrier and because of that, the door should have a lock installed. Using a garden hose, you may assess the distance around the pool and take a look of the fence.
- As a fence material, you can use fiberglass, aluminum, mesh, steel or wood. The necessary materials can be purchased from a hardware store or a commercial vendor. If you don’t want to buy your own material, then you may use a pool fence kit. They offer installation instructions and customer support.
- Before the installation, check again if you have all the necessary safety specifications. The fence installation can be approached in two different ways. The first one starts by marking the pole locations and then drilling the holes, inserting the polyvinyl sleeves and attaching the fencing material in the end. The second approach is to tackle installation one section at a time to be sure you correct any mistakes that may appear.
- After you have completed the installation, you have to get rid of all the debris. Before letting anyone in the pool area, you should inspect the fence carefully. There may be necessary an inspector to issue a permit.
- If the house is leading directly to the pool area, then a safety lock is necessary to the door. This is available also for the entrances of indoor pools.
- You may need to verify if a permit is needed or if there are special local specifications. Local governments may need to do a physical inspection.