In order to build a fence you need to do more than just installing some boards. Next you will find some important things about planning a fence.
- The height of your fence may be a problem, but you can find this for sure if you look a little bit to your local zoning laws.
- You need to talk to your neighbors to get their permission for building the fence. Maybe they will agree to share the costs.
- Verify closely were exactly your property line is so that you won’t have any kind of ugly disputes.
- See if there are any plants or trees that may ruin your plans. If the fence is too close from any kind of root, there may be problems.
- Make a sketch of your property and see where exactly will the posts and gates be placed.
- You need to decide what type of fence you want because you may have a fence for privacy or for security.
- A chain-link fence is the best way to keep pets or children inside or outside your property.
- If privacy and security are not your reasons, you may install a picket fence just to show where exactly is the edge of your yard.
- For a corral or a long driveway, you may use a post-and-rail fence or a ranch-style fence.
- For privacy, the best choice is a panel fence which can be easily installed because of the prefabricated components.
- Also, you can use for privacy the board fence which is too difficult to climb but also quite expensive.
- Something else instead of board fence, you can try inter-lapping board fence which is very resistant in windy areas and it has a nice look.