Selling a houseA house has many features and every one of them affect the final price. A pool is always a nice feature and usually adds quite a value to the house. In some states, the value can be up to 15% of the house value.
Here’s how a study in the United States shows the value added:
- In the Northeast, a pool adds 4% to 6% to a home’s value.
- In the Southeast, the value added ranges from 5% to 10%.
- The Midwest is similar to the Northeast, with the average effect on value being about 6%.
- A pool seems to weigh in the most in the Southwest, where studies show the effect on a home’s value to be between 8% and 13%.
- A pool also is important in the West, but the effect on value is less consistent than in other areas. In the West, the average effect on value ranges from 5% to 13%.
A swimming pool never has a negative effect on the buyer.
|adding value to a house, affecting the house value, house value, how pools add value to a house, how to raise the price on a house, pools, selling a house|