Types of ceramic tiles
Its durability, resistance to dampness and ease of cleaning makes the bathroom ceramic tile the best option for any house. Its price can start from a small one and can get to very big ones.
The process of producing ceramic tile is quite easy and starts with clay fired at high temperatures.
Also tiles can be glazed or unglazed. Unglazed tiles are thicker and denser than glazed tiles because they contain products like quarry tiles and porcelains. Because they are so tough, unglazed tiles are perfect for areas with heavy commercial installations.
A few tips for using ceramic tile in a bathroom:
- Unglazed bathroom ceramic tile is the most suited option in this case because of the slip-resistance surface. The bad part is that you will have to clean them often because they tend to absorb all kinds of oils and stains. Some of the choices are quarry tiles, porcelain tiles and terra-cotta tiles.
- If you choose white for your bathroom ceramic tile, you can try “blue” for the grout in order to get a more dramatic look.
- Every area with heavy wear needs sealers for grout protection and preservation.
- For a stainproof floor you can use glazed ceramic tile. The process of production is basically the same only that for glazed ceramic tile there is a step more. Glazed tiles offer a lot of colors, textures and designs that can provide a beautiful look for your bathroom. Recently, tougher glazed tiles have been made which can easily resist to heavy traffic.
- For a more interesting room, you can use patterns, floor accents, small splashes of color or rectangular decorative sections in the center of the floor. For custom ceramic tile you have the possibility to choose from Victorian, Mexican or Moorish styled designs.
- Always make sure that the tiles for countertops and backsplashes are glazed and can resist to any household cleaner.
- Anything else that you want for your bathroom like towel bars, ceramic soap dishes or cup holders need to blend well with the chosen ceramic tile.
Bathrooms should be fun and cozy rooms so ceramic tiles can help you obtain this. Also, bathroom ceramic tile can give you a decorative and lasting floor.