Water and liquid dish soap
When it comes to sinks, everybody prefers the cheapest ones even if they can be easily damaged. Fiberglass or cast acrylic sinks are a good alternative to those made of expensive materials such as porcelain or stainless steel. When your sink gets a scratch, all you need is some sandpaper or a polishing compound to fix it.
How to do it
- Using a mixture made of 1 cup warm water, 1 tbsp. of liquid dish soap and ¼ cup of baking soda, cover the damaged area of your sink using a sponge.
- Help the mixture take effect by using overlapping circle with the sponge.
- Remove the mixture with warm water and absorb the liquid with a fabric.
- Cut up a piece of fiberglass cloth to cover the damaged area. Mix the Bondo fiberglass resin with the hardener in the kit, following the manufacturer`s instructions (mix 6 tbsp. of resin and ¼ teaspoon of hardener; use a plastic jar).
- Use a newspaper to put the fiberglass piece on it. Apply the mixture on the fiberglass piece using a little paintbrush. Fix the fiberglass piece on the damaged place and press with your fingers.
- Add one or more layers of the mixture over the fiberglass piece with the paintbrush and let it get dry for a few hours.
- Sand the area until it becomes smooth using sandpaper (80-grit). Clean the dust resulted from sanding using a tack fabric. Apply a layer of epoxy-based paint and let it dry for one or two days.